|Hiv 1/2 combo testing
Feb 7, 2001
I've read that Subtypes O and N are more readily detected using an hiv 1/2 combo test than just an hiv-1 test. Would the Hiv-2 test (alone) be as effective in detecting these subtypes as the combo?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure there is any data. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Fluid And HIV Testing
- Is Sore On Mouth A Symptom Of Ars?
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.