|undetected VL and safe sex
Feb 7, 2001
Can HIV infection occur during unprotected anal intercourse if the VL is undetectable and the Tcell is over 400?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably yes. You are dealing with the highest sexual exposure risk activity (if you are the receptive partner). Remember although the viral load in plasma is undetectable, there are still infected cells in the blood and semen that can transmit virus. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.