|Can outside factors affect viral load tests
Feb 7, 2001
Dear Doctor, I just tested HIV+, then three days later learned that my viral load was 236,000 and my cd4 count 113. I am wondering if a Hep A vaccination 3 days before the viral load test could effect those numbers. Also I have been on Flagel for the week leading up to the test. My reason for asking is that I seem to have no symptoms. The Giardia has been traced to a bad water source and any diarrhea seems to have disappeared. I am also concerned since I have started on a drug regimen, with fortunately no side affects, if this may be premature if those things could have elevated viral load, or lowered t-cell count. Thanks for your help
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Both the giardia infection and the vaccination could have resulted in the increase in viral load. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.