AIDS-Need to talk about blood work..worried

Dr.Holodniy, My brother in law just found out he has AIDS 6 months ago.He looks to me to look at his blood work and tell him if i notice anything concerning.I know his Dr. should explain these things and he is in the process of looking for a new Dr.. But, my question is this..What do i look for when i am looking at his bloodwork.I know that the viral load, cd4, and cbc, are real important, and i understand what they all mean.For an AIDS patient, what does a Dr. look for to see if they are in any danger? He has been on meds for 6 months and almost died of P.C.P. His viral load is 306,700 and cd4 are 70. It is very concerning to me that its not getting much better than that and his triglycerides are 277. Red blood cells are a little low as well. I just need to know what to pay special attention to. I know that having AIDS he is at high risk for very serious complicated infections. I want to know what to look for. If you can help me in anyway, please respond to this question. Thank You, Jennifer

Routine labs usually include viral load, CD4 counts, CBC, chemistry panel (which usually includes kidney function, liver function) and lipids (cholesterol and triglycerides). Other labs are ordered when the clinical condition warrants them. You state he has been on meds for 6 months, yet his viral load is still extremely high. What is being done to address that? I would not be that concerned about a triglyceride level of 277. MH

PCR test for HIV detection
Can outside factors affect viral load tests