|PCR test for HIV detection
Feb 7, 2001
I had sex with a sex-worker and suspected that I may have somehow contracted HIV. I did the PCR test for H1 & H2 virus which only detects presence of the virus and does not give the count. This test did not detect the presence of any virus. However the test was done after 11 days from the incident. Is this waiting period enough for detecting the virus through this PCR Qualitative test?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably not. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Can I Get A Pcr Test For HIV?
- How Accurate Is A Pcr Test For Detecting Hiv?
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Does Lactose Cause Vaginal Infections?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.