Feb 7, 2001
Dear Dr. I have read that Hep B antibodies can be detected on an Elisa Test for HIV? Is this true? Thank you
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It has appeared on the list as a reason for false positive HIV antibody tests. However thousands of people who have had HBV infection or been vaccinated for HBV have had HIV antibody tests which were completely negative. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever During Seroconversion
- Is Itchy Rash A Symptom Of HIV?
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.