Feb 7, 2001
Dear Dr. I have read that Hep B antibodies can be detected on an Elisa Test for HIV? Is this true? Thank you
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It has appeared on the list as a reason for false positive HIV antibody tests. However thousands of people who have had HBV infection or been vaccinated for HBV have had HIV antibody tests which were completely negative. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes?
- Can You Get Hepatitis From A Kiss?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.