Mar 10, 2002
I live in the UK and have just been diagnosed positive.I have a CD4 count of 318 and a viral load of 121,000.Based upon what I have read I am very worried about these results. By doctor has asked for a further blood test in two weeks but tells me that current thinking is not to start treatment at these levels. What do you think?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Current recommendations in the US are that treatment should be started when the CD4 count is < 350 and the viral load is > 30-55,000/ml. Given your numbers, most would recommend starting treatment. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In Extreme Temperature?
- Condom Was Used But I'm Still Afraid Of Hiv
- When You Have Genital Herpes How Often Will I Break Out?
- When Having Hpv Should You Use A Condom?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- Syphilis Rash On Hands Legs Feet
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.