High ALT (160)
Mar 10, 2002
Please, I'd appreciate your orientation regarding my recents lab tests showing high SGPT(ALT) of 160u/l, what's the meaning? Am I in some kind of risk? my doctor didn't give me any meds only take some rest to see if my ALT get lower, Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
This test measures a liver enzyme. It's elevation indicates some liver abnormality. It is very nonspecific and could be elevated for a variety of reasons.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Kissing Cold Sore Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.