High ALT (160)
Mar 10, 2002
Please, I'd appreciate your orientation regarding my recents lab tests showing high SGPT(ALT) of 160u/l, what's the meaning? Am I in some kind of risk? my doctor didn't give me any meds only take some rest to see if my ALT get lower, Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
This test measures a liver enzyme. It's elevation indicates some liver abnormality. It is very nonspecific and could be elevated for a variety of reasons.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Most Common Std To Go Undiagnosed
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.