What is high, what is low?

What is a high and what is a low viral load? I have read responses where 30,000 was called a low viral load and 100,000 is called high. Is this correct? My VL off meds is 11,000 and my CD4 is 600. What is my risk of progresion?

There is no specific definition, and you would probably get different answers from experts. In general, > 100,000 would be considered high and probably < 1,000 would be considered low. The current thinking is that if your CD4 count is < 350 and viral load > 30-55,000, you should begin treatment. Given your numbers, most people would recommend not starting treatment, because the risk of progression is low. MH

Lower cd4
High ALT (160)