what is early and what is late hiv infection?

How do you define 'early' hiv infection and 'late' or advanced infection?

I am having trouble with my short term memory and the forums talk about this only being a problem (dementia) in late stage hiv infection. How do I know if i am in that category. I have known I am hiv+ for a year but have no idea when I was infected. My vl was in the millions and cd4 was 125. Levels have improved but i am still confused how i would be 'rated' in terms of infection status. thanks

anon

Early or acute is usually in the first 6-12 months of infection. Then it becomes chronic infection. Late infection usually is defined as those who have been infected for some years or have an AIDS diagnosis, which you do, based on your CD4 count. It is entirely possible based on your numbers that memory issues are related to HIV infection. MH

HBV DNA
What the cd4+viral loads mean