Mar 4, 2002
Do skin cells contain HIV? iF you scratched yourself with an instrument minus any blood, and then another stuck themselves with the same instrument, could you infect that person from your skin cells alone? I ask because of langerhans and dendritic cells which I believe are found in the skin...is this correct?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are indeed cells in the skin that contain HIV. Your hypothetical question is contingent on whether those infected cells were present in the inoculum.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
- Will Penicillin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.