Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hodgkin's, CD4 counts
Mar 4, 2002

Hello: I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease 14 months ago, and went through chemo and radiation. At the same time, I was fiagnosed HIV +, CD4 about 150 and VL about 15,000. I started on Sustiva and Kaltra right away also, and now my VL is undectable, and my CD4 is about 120. I finished chemo last May and Radiation last July. Do you think my CD4 will rise ever? I know it probably dro pped because of teh cancer tx. (I also am doing pentamidine as a preventive measure). How long before my Cd4 will rise, do you think? I'm feeling well, and the cancer is gone. Just worried...

Response from Dr. Holodniy

It may take a while (many months) or you may have little if any increase. You are correct. Part of the recovery is contingent on how stressed out your bone marrow became after radiation and chemotherapy. MH

Previous
My first results..
Next
Skin Cells

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.