My first results..

I'm 52, was neg 6/00, pos 11/01 and beyond the 6 mth seroconversion. Jan labs VL32000 CD4 360/20. Was quite ill with purpura/swelling/joint pain and sinus infection but doing about 80 better now. No meds recommended at this time. Question is how does the 20 relate to the other numbers and could you comment on my condition as best you can. Should I be checking out the condition of my liver &/or other organs before going on antivirals? Thank you for your help.

Your CD4 percentage is consistent with your CD4 count. A normal CD4 percent is 30-50 and CD4 count is 500-1500. Your immune system is moderately impaired. You are on the cusp in terms of recommending treatment. Current guidelines suggest starting treatment when the CD4 count is < 350 and the viral load is > 30-55,000/ml. You should definitely hae your liver checked for function and to rule out hepatitis A,B, and C. MH

Time for meds?
Hodgkin's, CD4 counts