Feb 17, 2002
I have responded very well to HAART, going <50 after about 12 weeks. Most recent test again confirmed <50, but also contained a notation that read 'no HIV RNA detected'. What does that mean? Absolute zero?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It just means not detected at the threshold established for that assay in that lab. It therefore could be anywhere from 0-49. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Doctors Look For When Testing For Hiv?
- Does Zithromax Interact With HIV Meds?
- How Do You Get Rid Of Anal Warts?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Geographic Tongue?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Toxoplasmosis?
- How To Treat Seborrheic Dermatitis When You Are Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.