Strategies

You must forgive my ignorance but I've read that hiv attaches to immune cells through certain receptors. To me that sounds as if the virus seeks this receptors. Is there any therapy strategy out there that tries to create dummy cells which attract hiv? In other words, is it possible to create cells or cell-like molecules that are appealing to the virus, so that instead of attaching to immune cells, it attaches to these fake cells? In my mind, one is not likely to extermine flies from one's kitchen in a hot summer day, but one may very well be able to contain the plague with the apporpiate traps. Since these dummy cells would be easily recongnized by the immune system, they can then be destroyed by it. Maybe the hiv would never be erradicated, but could a strategy like that work? Given my ignorance this might even be irritating for you to consider, as I don't really have a clue on how sci-fi this sounds. Thanks for your comment. You are doing an excellent work.

Your decoy theory is not being worked on, but several new medicines that either attach to HIV and don't allow it to bind to the cell receptors, or meds that attach to the cell receptors and block HIV that way are also being used in clinical trials.

Antibody-Lymph Node Relationship
FACTORS AFFECTING CD4 LEVELS