lymphocytes

My viral load has been <50 for over 4 yrs now and cd4 is at 728. Current regamin is zirit, epivir, and ziagen. I have two questions. Why are my lymph glands still very swollen? I tell my dr but he doesnt seem too concerned. Also i looked at my lab results briefly and everything was in normal range except for lymphocites. all were in the Very high range... not sure of exact counts. Is this a bad thing? I asked my doc but he was unsure as to if it was good or bad.

It sounds like you have had a great response to the regimen. In addition to CD4 counts, we usually get CD8 counts as well. This might be the number you are referring to. In folks with good immune responses to HIV, the CD8 count usually gets very high (1500-2000 or more). That may also be why your lymph nodes are swollen. Your immune system is activated to fight the infection.

MH

T-cell count of 12 -- viral load off the charts 000,000
updated tests