T-cell count of 12 -- viral load off the charts 000,000

My brother has been diagnosed with AIDS in 86 --- he has been very sick for the past 4 years. His t-cell count has been as low as 7 before and viral loads are off the charts. He quit taking all the AIDS medications at the end of last year. We are trying to keep him comfortable with his pain and all. My Mother takes care of him night and day. He cannot be left alone. He has a pick line where we administer his meds. I wonder, as he wonders --- when will the time come for him. The nurse was out yesterday and his blood pressure was 80 over 40. We are at a loss. I love my brother very much -- but he has been suffering for so long. We wonder when will it end?????

It sounds like your brother has been fighting a very good fight for a long time. It is not a question of if, but rather when he might pass. It is always difficult to make predictions about time. I hope the nurses and doctors make him comfortable, without any pain or suffering. Good luck to your brother, you and your family.

MH

T-cells leveling off
lymphocytes