T-cells leveling off
Dec 8, 2000
Diagnosed Oct/97 VL >800,000 with T's at 50. Since starting meds that same month VL<50 and T's between 170-220 (12%-21%). They have never got above the 220 mark (21%). Am I going to be one of those people who never get back normal numbers?? After 3 years, should they not be higher?? Thanks..... AJF
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yeah, I think you are going to be one of those folks. You started pretty low and have maintained a 150 cell increase. That is actually very good, and keeps you out of the real danger zone for serious infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.