wild virus and virus resistance?

Hello doc. Thank you for all your help. My question is this: Could you please explain what wild virus is? Is it possible to become resistant to a drug (example: sustiva) stop taking that drug for a long period of time and eventually not be resistant to that drug and able to take it again? My doctor mentioned this and something about stopping all drugs for a period of time and developing a Wild Virus that is not resistant to any meds. Could you please clarify? Thank you. MM

In the example you state, wild type is relative. Wild type means the naturally occurring HIV, in the absence of drug pressure. In almost all cases, wild type virus does not have drug mutations contained in it's genetic sequence. Resistant virus for the most part develops with drug exposure and continued replication of virus. In people on treatment, with resistant virus, it is possible to stop the drugs, and see the resistant virus go away in favor of the wild type virus reappearing. However, resistant virus never completely disappears, it just fades into the background. If someone restarts the same meds, the resistant virus will grow back.

MH

I'm new at this. What is viral load anyway?
Re: 30 month seroconversion