0,7 log

Dear doctor. I was infected last january. My first VL and CD4 tests were: 89 and 611. One month later were VL 400 and CD4 621. I have heard that an increase of 0,5 log is significative. In spite of a good result of CD4, my viral load increased 0,7 log. I am not taking any therapy. Do you think is it a very bad result? Thank you very much.

Your math is correct, but with your high CD4 count and that level of viral load, it is probably not significant. Most docs would just wait and repeat the numbers in a couple of months. If the trend of your viral load continues to increase, then treatment may be warranted. If not, I would just continue to check periodically.

MH

T-Cell at 34
while you wait