Dec 8, 2000
Dear doctor. I was infected last january. My first VL and CD4 tests were: 89 and 611. One month later were VL 400 and CD4 621. I have heard that an increase of 0,5 log is significative. In spite of a good result of CD4, my viral load increased 0,7 log. I am not taking any therapy. Do you think is it a very bad result? Thank you very much.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your math is correct, but with your high CD4 count and that level of viral load, it is probably not significant. Most docs would just wait and repeat the numbers in a couple of months. If the trend of your viral load continues to increase, then treatment may be warranted. If not, I would just continue to check periodically.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.