T-Cell at 34

My brother was just diagnosed with AIDs...I am not sure what the viral load is...but his Tcell is 34. He was tested after a colonoscopy found yeast infection in his digestive tract. The family has not asked many questions...as everyone is still taking it in. I know the viral load is important..and I will post that as soon as I get it (hopefully tomorrow) I guess I just want to know if he will get better...he is coughing a lot...and has diarrhea. He has lost a lot of weight. He is going to a specialist next week.

HIs CD4 count of 34 indicates relatively advanced AIDS. Although the viral load will be important to follow his response to treatment, the level will in no way factor on the decision to start treatment. He needs to get on treatment ASAP. He should have a relatively good response, and within a few weeks, the CD4 count should be well over 100 and hopefully 200. That should be high enough to get him out of the danger zone of developing serious infections.

MH

SHOULD I BE...
0,7 log