SHOULD I BE...

Thank you for answering my recent question (12/8)...however I just received my lastest labs results and they kinda scare me...my VL487,000 and my TC 971...below you can see my lab trend for the past year...the highest my VL has been was 31,000...My Dr. believes that this could be just a "blip" and feels that there is no problem waiting for my next labs in three months...what could cause a "blip" like this...should I wait the three months or have the labs done again sooner...again your insight would be greatly appreciated!

VL16,600/TC660...VL17,000/TC1084...VL8,400/TC786...VL18,000/TC771...VL12,850/TC641...VL31,000/TC756- this was Sept. 2000. I am under the care of a HIV specialist...

Thank you.....Should I BE.....

All of your viral loads are fairly consistent up to the last one. Although "blips" like that can happen, it would usually have to be tied to something like an ongoing infection. Assay or sample error is another possibility. I wouldn't act on this one result. If upon repeat it is still that high, and no illnesses or anything else is going on, then it is probably a consistent change.

MH

HARRt regimen has stopped working . can IL-2 help?
T-Cell at 34