is a test for the virus in the blood, accurate early?
Dec 15, 2000
i recently was exposed to a hiv infected person thru intercourse with them. it has been 10 weeks since i was exposed. i went and saw an hiv specialists. he had two main tests done an elisa and a specialized test. elisa of course tests for antibodies in the blood and the other test was for the actual virus or viral load in the blood itself. very expensive test cost was 270.00 My question is, Is it possible to be infected with hiv and have a negative test result on a test for the actual virus in the blood?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Possible, but extremely unlikely.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Is A Brownish Discoloration Vaginal Discharge Means You Have A Std?
- Anal Fingering With Used Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.