Sudden jump in CD4 on no meds

I was diagnosed with HIV infection in September 2000. My first readings came back with a t-cell count of 318 and a viral load of 5518. Six weeks after that I had my blood work redone and my CD4 count was 524 and my viral load was 14000. It seems that is a sizable increas in t-cells without therapy. I have heard that t-cell numbers vary in person hour to hour each day, but I have never heard of such an increase. I am going to have the numbers re-run in another four weeks. Based on those last numbers, if I were your patient, would you recommend therapy at this point? My doctor mentioned ziagen/combivir

It would be good to know the percentage of CD4 cells. The numbers could fluctuate like that and percentage stay the same. It would also be good to know if there were any other medical illnesses going on during the first measurement. You are in a bit of a grey zone in terms of starting treatment. If your CD4 count stays above 500, and the viral load is < 10,000/ml on the next draw, some docs might defer treatment and watch your numbers for awhile. If your CD4 is < 500 and viral load > 10,000, I would recommend starting treatment.

MH

CD4 and viral load
May I suggest???