long term prognosis
Dec 18, 2000
If you are able to keep your VL at undetectable levels for the long term, does that mean that you would not develop full blown AIDS?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably, but it also depends on how severely affected your immune system was prior to starting treatment. For instance if you started treatment with a CD4 count of 50, and your viral load became undetectable, but your CD4 count only increased to 100, you would still have AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Lap Dance?
- Is Vaginal Sex Without Condom Safe?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From French Kissing
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.