|pregnant - positive Elisa and Negative western blot - should retest??
Dec 18, 2000
I'm pregnant and had a routine HIV test done. The Elisa came back positive, a western blot was done and came back negative. I was told not to worry that the western blot is 99% accurate. Should I ever retest and why would there be a false positive? Would the Elisa show a false positive again? Thank You.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Elisa tests can be false positive. Pregnancy is on the list as a cause of false positive tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anyone Ever Tested Negative At 3 Months Retest Positive Later
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.