|pregnant - positive Elisa and Negative western blot - should retest??
Dec 18, 2000
I'm pregnant and had a routine HIV test done. The Elisa came back positive, a western blot was done and came back negative. I was told not to worry that the western blot is 99% accurate. Should I ever retest and why would there be a false positive? Would the Elisa show a false positive again? Thank You.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Elisa tests can be false positive. Pregnancy is on the list as a cause of false positive tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chills Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Hair Loss An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.