Dec 18, 2000
I was found to be HIV+ just 4 weeks ago. I was diagnosed on Dec. 1 with AIDS. I was sick at the time I was tested. I have been diagnosed with PCP and CMV. And I have become a bit anemic. My CD4 count is 90. I haven't started meds yet, probably this coming week. Also, is it true that with the above information, I must have been infected a long time ago. I am worried about having this all at once. Does all of it worsen my odds? I guess I am asking what my chances are?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You probably have had it for some time. No telling how long. The good news is, you should have a very good response to treatment. This will raise your CD4 count and improve your immune system sufficiently so you won't be subject to the kinds of infections you are experiencing now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.