VL back after 2 years

Dear DR

June 98 I was hospitalized for PCP, that's when i found out i had aids. I was lucky to get an Infectious Disease Specialist, she's a wonderful DR. I began a combination of crixivan and combivir. My cd4 was 140 and viral load was 700,000 when i began treatment. For two years I have maintained a VL <50 and cd4 of 558. My last visit a week ago resulted in a cd4 of 480 and the VL was 222. I'm not scheduled for another appointment for three months. My questions to you are, can I afford to wait that long? Do you think i'm becoming resistant to the meds? I'm certainly unhappy about the declining cd4 but am more worried about the viral load. How much damage can occur in three months time? Should I ask the Dr to see me sooner?

Hopefully you have discussed this trend with your doctor. You are certainly still in good shape as far as both numbers go. You might want to have the tests repeated sooner to see what the trend is.

MH

AM I doomed?
Treatment