Virus Longevity on the Skin
Dec 22, 2000
How long does the HIV virus last outside of the body? Does it die immediately or with in a certain time frame? If your skin was exposed to it via oral sex (receiving) could you transfer the virus to someone else via vaginal sex 12 hrs. later? Please answer soon
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The virus, if present, can survive in liquids for several hours as long the liquid is not dried. I can not answer the question you pose as there is no data.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Life Expectancy After Aids Diagnosis
- My Girlfriend Tested HIV Positive And I Tested Negetive
- Odds Of Getting Hiv Through Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- When One Should Be Concerned About Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Is Oraquick Oral Swab Reliable?
- When You Have Hiv Do You Cough And Sneeze And Have A Stuffy Noes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.