Dec 29, 2000
Dr.My mom got infected with Hepatitis C during an Hysterectomy 5 years ago. She looks fine in this years.The Doctors ask her to take an exam called PCR-RNA to detect a Virus.She lives in Colombia S.A. Can you tell me what kind of exam and what is the purpose of this? Thank You Armando P.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The test she got was an antibody test. This only tells you if you were exposed to HCV. A PCR-RNA test looks for the virus in the blood and not antibodies. If the PCR test is positive, that means a person is chronically infected with HCV. If the PCR test is negative, it is likely the person has cleared the infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Discharge Cause Sores?
- Constant Watery Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.