Hepatitis C

Dr.My mom got infected with Hepatitis C during an Hysterectomy 5 years ago. She looks fine in this years.The Doctors ask her to take an exam called PCR-RNA to detect a Virus.She lives in Colombia S.A. Can you tell me what kind of exam and what is the purpose of this? Thank You Armando P.

The test she got was an antibody test. This only tells you if you were exposed to HCV. A PCR-RNA test looks for the virus in the blood and not antibodies. If the PCR test is positive, that means a person is chronically infected with HCV. If the PCR test is negative, it is likely the person has cleared the infection.

MH

high neutrophil count low lymphocyte count
good/bad?