Jan 10, 2001
How long following treatment interruption before the "wild-type" become the predominate strain?
When you are infected by someone, do all their cells have the same mutations, or does different cells have different mutations/resistance?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1) If drug resistance is present, In about 8-12 weeks.
2) Different cells can have different strains of virus with different mutations/resistance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.