|VL from undetectable to 64..Why?
Jan 12, 2001
Dr. H.:I'm on HAART since 1998, with initial VL of 166K.From 98 to Dec. 2000, was on Viracept/Epvir/Zerit.All that time, VL was less than 14 --- using ultra-sensitive test. Dec. 2000 switched the Zerit to Ziagen. VL test on Jan 5,2001 has a VL of 64. Any worries or comments on this? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No worries, provided that adherence has continued with the new med. I think this is an insignificant "blip". In the few studies that have looked at this, most patients had returned to and sustained undetectable viral loads afterwards.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- How Long Does Hpv Take To Develop?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.