Currently Available HIV Phenotypic & Genotypic Assays
Jan 12, 2001
what are in the market all the currently available resistance assays
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Several commercial labs (LabCorp, Specialty Labs, Virologic, Quest, to name a few) offer either genotypic or phenotypic resistance testing or both. For the most part, phenotypic assays are proprietary technology from Virologic or Virco. Genotypic assays can be home-brew (designed or made by the lab doing the test) or commercial kits from companies like Visible Genetics.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.