Currently Available HIV Phenotypic & Genotypic Assays
Jan 12, 2001
what are in the market all the currently available resistance assays
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Several commercial labs (LabCorp, Specialty Labs, Virologic, Quest, to name a few) offer either genotypic or phenotypic resistance testing or both. For the most part, phenotypic assays are proprietary technology from Virologic or Virco. Genotypic assays can be home-brew (designed or made by the lab doing the test) or commercial kits from companies like Visible Genetics.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
- Are Lymphocytes High Or Low With Hiv?
- Are Night Sweats A Sign Of Hiv Infection?
- Bilirubin And ALT Elevated With Tired, Weakness, Fever
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.