Jan 12, 2001
Dr. I am 50 years old. at age 10 I had Spinal Meningitis. 99% chance of dying. For years I have been asking Dr. about the after effect. Many say you will be slower in learning etc. I can see how that has effected me. But for 10 years I have been treated for depression. My question is can this sickness cause this depression by effecting the brain years ago? Thank You
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens When Gonorrhea Is Left Untreated?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Does Being A Carrier Of Herpes Mean?
- What Does A Sore Look Like When You Have Genital Herpes?
- What Damage Can Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.