How to make my HIV/AIDS/STI presentations more effective

I am a female employee of color, in a County health department as part of their drug and alcohol program. My job requires me to go to various treatment throughout the county and give presentations specific to HIV, A.I.D.S., and S.T.I.'s

The age range for these groups varies from adolescent to adult. This is something I am really passionate about, having lost some dear friends to this devastating illness.

Is there specific information that I should be including in these presentations that reaches my audience, in addition to the standard info about the basics and behaviors that put individuals at risk for HIV? Other than giving you the exact content of my presentation, I know I haven't given you much to go on.

But my community is rural in origin with differences in treatment ranging from AA to PC1000 to PCDC (Post Conviction Drug Court)

Not sure if you are dealing with just prevention issues or treatment and management issues. The CDC and WHO websites is probably the best place to start. Treatment issues at: www.hivatis.org

Elevated ALT and GGT
To The Worried Well, PLEASE READ