|Elevated ALT and GGT
Feb 3, 2002
I have been a moderate to heavy drinker for several years (roughly 3-5 drinks a day, average, for 5-6 years).
Recently, a blood panel revealed an ALT of 59 and a GGT of 165.
After 3.5 weeks of total abstinence from alcohol, the ALT went down to 49 and the GGT went down to 130.
Are the ALT and GGT values declining sufficiently with abstinence from alcohol, or would these results be indicative of another problem?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Are you HIV and/or HCV positive?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.