when to begin treatment if numbers look good??

I am a recently diagnosed HIV+ male. I count on early because I noticed that my lymphnodes were swelling and that concerned me. I have recieved my first set of lab results, and though I believe my doctor is very thorough I want a second opinion or some advice. My results came back with a CD4 count of 1196 and a viral load of 23,500 (roughly). From what I have been reading about the disease that is a blessing. She feels that I should not postpone treatment because at the stage there is a very good chance there will be minimal mutations with my virus, however I am concerned with my quality of life and side effects of the drugs. Should I wait to see the trend in my virus?? Should I begin treatment to decrease my VL and maintain a very high CD4 count? Is there any place that I can find more literature about people who have count the disease at a very early stage??? Please help! Thank you in advance.

The current treatment guidelines suggest that HIV treatment should be started when the CD4 count is < 350 and the viral load is > 30-55,000. Thus, current guidelines would suggest you could monitor and wait. Go to www.hivatis.org for the complete document. MH

lab count help
HIV POSITIVE