maximum viral load
Feb 3, 2002
Hi dr. Mark. You tell viralload > 100.000 is very high. But I read a person soon after infection can have viral load in the millions. And I know a guy who had a VL of 3 milj. If a person gets a vaccination it can become 2-100 fold. Also dramatically increase if a person has another infection. Questions: 1. How high must be the viralload before a person feels ill? 2. Is it dangerous to vaccinate a person or getting an infection if that person is recently infected and alreaddy has a very high viralload? (as it can more increase?) 3. Is there a maximum viralload? 4. Why can persons with full blown aids have an extremely viralload (10 millions) while they have so little immunecells, necessary for the viral reproduction?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Viral loads can be at almost any level and people can have symptoms. 2. Not dangerous 3. Not been well studied. 4. Because they still have cells in other body compartments outside the blood, which can still produce virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.