maximum viral load
Feb 3, 2002
Hi dr. Mark. You tell viralload > 100.000 is very high. But I read a person soon after infection can have viral load in the millions. And I know a guy who had a VL of 3 milj. If a person gets a vaccination it can become 2-100 fold. Also dramatically increase if a person has another infection. Questions: 1. How high must be the viralload before a person feels ill? 2. Is it dangerous to vaccinate a person or getting an infection if that person is recently infected and alreaddy has a very high viralload? (as it can more increase?) 3. Is there a maximum viralload? 4. Why can persons with full blown aids have an extremely viralload (10 millions) while they have so little immunecells, necessary for the viral reproduction?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Viral loads can be at almost any level and people can have symptoms. 2. Not dangerous 3. Not been well studied. 4. Because they still have cells in other body compartments outside the blood, which can still produce virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will You Contract Hiv By Having Sex With An Hiv Negative Person?
- Does A Woman Who Have Hiv Or Aids Get Their Period?
- Does Accutane Blood Work Check For Hepatitis?
- My Mouth Is Full Of Canker Sores Do I Have Hiv
- Can You Transfer Hiv Through Aids Rashes And Bumps?
- If You Wear Condom Can You Still Get Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.