Automated Phenotype Testing and Second Line Therapy
Oct 13, 2000
Please comment on the value of using the new automated phenotype test to design a therapeutic regime for a second line of therapy. Fist line for 14 months included combivir and viracept. Viral load has rebounded to 12,000 with 400+ T-cells. Viral load has been as low as 70. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Well, it will probably confirm what you already know, that is, your virus is most likely resistant to 3TC and nelfinavir. There may be low level resistance to AZT as well. You have many options available to you at this point. Your doctor should be able to design a second regimen for you relatively easily.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.