Oct 16, 2000
My viral load is 98,000. My Dr.says thats not horrible. Is he correct? I was just diagnosed 2 mos. ago.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That level of viral load, irrespective of the CD4 count, should prompt one to consider therapy sooner rather than later. People with viral loads >50,000/ml are at high risk for progression of HIV infection to AIDS. That data is published and is very clear.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
- Can Stds Cause Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.