High Fever/ Stopping Meds/ Viral Load

Dear Doc,

I tested positive in May 2000. I have been on Sustiva and Combivir ever since and my results have been great. (initial lab result: 1.4million vl 359cd4; one month on meds: 1300vl 478cd4; most recent: undetectable vl. 600cd4) My questions is I have had a mild fever for the past 3 weeks; never below 99.1 never above 100.6 . My doctor diagnosed me with pneumonia and gave me some antibiotics. The antibiotics didn't seem to work and since then I have been on one more (1st was Zithromax 2nd was Ceftin). He has asked me to stop taking my meds (sustiva and combivir) for 4 days to see if the fever is being caused by some sort of allergic reaction to the meds. 1. Will stopping my meds for 4 days affect my numbers at all? 2. Can I develop resistance to my meds either from being sick for this long or from stopping them for the 4 days he has asked? I rely like my meds. They have been working great and i have had little side effects and I want to stay on them as LONG as possible. Thank you for you time.

1. Probably not.

2. No, since your viral load is undetectable, resistance is unlikely.

Although any med can result in an allergic reaction, and possibly drug fever, it would be unusual for this to occur with these meds after this many months of therapy.

MH

New information, to an old Question.
Are these good test results?