|viral load t-cells
Nov 13, 2000
I have been hiv positive since July of 1992, the lowest my t-cells have ever been is 404 and the highest my viral load has ever been was 96,000. the last 3.5 years I have been on epiver/viramune/zerit once in the am and once in the pm. my t-cells are 938 and my viral load is less than 13 copies and has been this way for 3.5 years. do I still need to continue my hiv meds on this same course?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You Bet! If you stop, your viral load will go back up to the pre-treatment level. You have not eradicated the virus from your body, just turned it off.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.