How long after the exposure before detectable viral count?
Nov 13, 2000
I was tested positive for HIV on Oct. 17 with the viral count of 115,000. It's been 11/2 month since my long distance boyfriend and I have been together. He tested negative and a week later they checked for viral load and it also came back undetectable. I'm concerned; is it possible for him to test positive in few month?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unlikely based on the timing information you provided. If he were infected by you (or you by him), a viral load should be positive now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do The Open Sores Look Like In Your Mouth When You Get Hiv?
- Can A Woman Get Hiv If The Man Didn't Come Inside Her?
- Can A Woman Transmit Hiv To A Man Through Fellatio?
- How Easy Is It For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- Acute Hiv And White Blood Cell Test
- Insurance Coverage For Buffalo Hump Surgery Removal
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.