western Blot

Thanks for the great site. I found a lot of questions about the Western Blot test, but nothing along these lines. After being treated for 3 years by the same MD insurance loss has caused me to see a new MD. I had labs before seeing him this week. After a vl of 38,000 and t's at 385 my new Dr. ordered a Western Blot test. Why?

It's hard to tell from what you have stated. It appears that perhaps an HIV antibody test was performed that was positive? A viral load of 38,000 would indicate evidence of HIV virus in the blood, and hence infection. A t cell count of 385 would be considered below normal range and suggestive of HIV infection. A western blot will confirm a positive antibody test and corroborate what the positive viral load test is saying. MH

What type is worse?
Shingles & high viral load should I start HIV meds