Mouth sores and Cough

Hi Doc, been on Viracept+azt+3tc for about a year. Is it normal to have mouth sores and a chronic cough with HIV whether or not you are undetectable. have heard people complain of mouth sores even when doing well on these meds yet my sores come and go constantly. Sometimes they are not a factor and other times they are very much a factor. ALso, a chronic cough is always present and my doc says al numbers are pretty much normal along with my sinus's etc..

Thanks so much

You don't indicate what your CD4 count is, or whether you are a smoker. However, It would be unusual to have these kinds of complaints for that long. It is probably not your meds. Make sure your doctor rules out common things like herpes and yeast infections for the mouth issues. You may need a workup for the cough (allergies, asthma, other lung problems)

MH

what is dna ql pcr 10 or less
Off Meds One Year and Viral Load Dropping