Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried Well People. STOP STOP STOP!
Nov 27, 2000

This is to all the worried well people, I am sitting here at my computer itching to death, with joints that ache a toe that is tingling and I just got over diarrhea for the 6th or maybe 7th time after my six month neg test with home access. HIV? No. To tell you the truth I have no idea what is going on with my body. But i do know this...IT'S NOT HIV! It has been almost a year now since my low risk and after calling the CDC and Home Access people hundreds of times to the point of trying to change my voice because I was sure that they knew my true one by heart, I am putting an end to this madness. Will i ever go to a doctor to find out what is causing my problems, Well i'm working on that. I think the key to become unworried well is baby steps. Every time a new symptom flares up I can say i have had 3 hiv test. a 2 month a 3 month and a 6 month. All neg, I AM NEG. I used to read this forum like a bible, and when i saw somebody that had a test 9 months after risk i thought wow i wish i waited 9 months or more. But i'm tired of running tired of searching the net and changing my voice, I have run out of accents to copy. Please if you have had a 6 month hiv test and it was neg. try to stop worrying. I'm alone in all of this there is no one to talk to about this so if your luck and have someone talk to them. I'll tell you another thing and I have a feeling i'm not alone in this, during my worry crisis i even stop watching my favorite show ER because they had HIV issues in it, and it would out me in a bad mood. I'm learning to stare this HIV issue in the face and say LEAVE ME ALONE, thats what we have to do. Show watch ER it's a great show, stop calling the cdc and Home Access, we can do this, life can and will go on, if you let it. I know this is hard GOD I KNOW, I can't even listen to the radio anymore with something reminding me of HIV, sometimes I think i'm psychic and that i know deep deep deep in my sole that i'm hiv pos, well i'm not and those who think they are need to get into that business because i even called one to ask if i had hiv and it costed a mess of money for 10.5 minutes. In a nutshell please try to stop worrying, i'm going to try and i will stop. Peace, love, and God be with all.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Posted.

MH

Previous
Any correlation on VL?
Next
Herpes lesions?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.