Cd count/Viral load
Nov 27, 2000
My brother has hiv,he tells me everything the doc. tells him,but even he doesn't know what everything means.His doc told him his CD4%is at 1,His CD4 count is 5,His viral Load is 213,765..He found out he this 6 months ago??what does this mean for him..Please help.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those CD4 count numbers and percentage indicate he has advanced AIDS, with little immune system left. THe viral load would be considered on the high side.If he is not already he needs to get on HIV treatment ASAP to reduce the viral load and get his t cells back up.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- Does Pineapple Juice Help With Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.