Nov 27, 2000
a quick question, could you please elaborate on how logs are translated into viral loads?
i had a test back that said log 1.7 what would this translate in viral load language??
thanks for your time, regards.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A quick math lesson. 1.7 logs = 50 copies. The relationship is this: 1 log =10, 2log = 100, 3log=1,000 4log = 10,000 etc. Anything in between, ie. 4,000 copies = 3.6 logs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herbal Remedy To Raise Cd4 Count
- Cases Of Wife Contracting Hiv After Husband Had Visited A Prostitute
- Can You Get Hiv When Blood Touches Your Skin?
- Can Hiv Transmission Happen By Touch?
- How Long Do Hiv Seroconversion Symptoms Last?
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.