|enlarged liver and high SGPT levels
Jan 20, 2002
ALT(sgpt) levels of 99 and a enlarged liver,what are the causes and will milk thistle cure these symtoms?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate whether you have any specific liver abnormalities that you know about. There are many causes for elevated liver enzymes and an increased liver size. Everything from viral hepatitis, gall bladder disease, medications, cancer, or other infections. I suggest you get this checked out first. Milk thistle has been touted as a liver disease cure all. There are few controlled trials that demonstrate it's effectiveness or particular function.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.