chlamydia and hiv
Jan 20, 2002
Hi doc. Mark. As I read, the discharge of chlamydia (in appearance clear or milky)is highly infectious for the chlamydia. But is it also infectious for hiv (if the person with the chlamydia is also hiv-infected) And HOW infectious is it for hiv (viralload) in comparison with blood? I mean the pure discharge, not mixed with precum vaginalfluids or semen. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Genital secretions can have both organisms in them. HIV viral load is generally about 10 times less in genital secretions than in blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- 16 Week Negative Rapid Hiv Test
- Can A Person Have Both Hsv1 And Hsv2?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.